Looking to work in the Medical Marijuana or Retail Cannabis industry?
Pre-qualify to get started:
- Medical Marijuana Card AKA The“red card” (allows you to purchase and use medicinal marijuana, but you must be ill in some manner; See if you qualify here! Speak with a medical doctor prior to purchasing marijuana from a legal seller.)
- Medical-Marijuana Occupational License / MED Occupational License (allows you to work within MED licensed Medical and Retail Marijuana facilities or for employees of vendors that provide services to MED Medical and Retail Marijuana business licensees.)
- Legitimacy of Training or Legal Work Experience
- Eagerness to Learn and Grow
Here’s more detail:
A medical marijuana license is a form of legal documentation that allows anyone with proper medical papers to purchase and use medicinal marijuana. Medical cannabis, or marijuana, is not legal in every country. Some states within the United States allow the legal purchase of medicinal marijuana as well as retail .
- How to Apply for a Medical Marijuana Card – Colorado
- How to Apply for a Medical Marijuana Occupational License – Colorado / MED Occupational License
- How To Apply for a Medical Marijuana Card – California
- How To Apply for a Medical Marijuana License – Alaska
Just perform a Google search replacing the State and there you have it!
Most states will require you to apply for a medical-marijuana card and/or a medical-marijuana occupational license, which allow you to work in recreational shops. Some companies do not mind if you’re a marijuana user (for medical or recreational) but each company has a right to hire based on their own individual company rules. Best way to put it – just because you work in the industry, doesn’t mean you can be a current user of the products of the industry – you know what we mean? LOL!